How many hours have you spent on the Internet today? After lecture and watching this video, I took a second to reflect on how much time I spend surfing and utilizing the Internet and I realized that alone, today, I have been hooked up to the Internet for over 3 hours - and... it's 2:00pm! Reflecting on this video, I was shocked by how much we do not know about not only the evolution and history of the Internet, but also where the Internet is going. For people who spend hours upon hours on the net each day, I find this video to almost be a necessity for people to watch. Take a look at the picture on the right - you're that small little dot participating in a much larger network. Not only through this video did I come to realize how easily people have access to my information and how connected I am to people around the world, but it almost made it realistic how quickly everything is changing, and how continuous this evolution really is. I think it's pretty incredible to realize it was the cohesion of three different ideas, and countries for that matter, that led to early day Internet, something we now use EVERY day. Further, it made me appreciate not only this tool we now have access to using, but also the fact that we have free use of this decentralized communication network. My hope is that as I continue to gain a deeper understanding of the internet, its history, and its future implications, that I will be able to pass on my knowledge to those who are less informed!
Monday, January 30, 2012
Participation #1 (Video) - Chorney
How many hours have you spent on the Internet today? After lecture and watching this video, I took a second to reflect on how much time I spend surfing and utilizing the Internet and I realized that alone, today, I have been hooked up to the Internet for over 3 hours - and... it's 2:00pm! Reflecting on this video, I was shocked by how much we do not know about not only the evolution and history of the Internet, but also where the Internet is going. For people who spend hours upon hours on the net each day, I find this video to almost be a necessity for people to watch. Take a look at the picture on the right - you're that small little dot participating in a much larger network. Not only through this video did I come to realize how easily people have access to my information and how connected I am to people around the world, but it almost made it realistic how quickly everything is changing, and how continuous this evolution really is. I think it's pretty incredible to realize it was the cohesion of three different ideas, and countries for that matter, that led to early day Internet, something we now use EVERY day. Further, it made me appreciate not only this tool we now have access to using, but also the fact that we have free use of this decentralized communication network. My hope is that as I continue to gain a deeper understanding of the internet, its history, and its future implications, that I will be able to pass on my knowledge to those who are less informed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment