Saturday, January 28, 2012
Video Response
For how much time I spend on the internet and being sort of a tech geek, this video was sort of eye-opening for me. I knew about ARPANET from a few years ago in class, but I had not known about the 3 divisions, the basis of how inter-net formed, and the detailed organizations and groups that had influenced what we know today as the internet. The internet really shaped itself from the fears of the Cold War, which is a really interesting point. I do have a few more questions about this topics though. First, was there a basis to how all these machines were to be built around the world? Like were the machines that ran the ARPANET the same processing machines in France or Britain? How did the transition occur from ARPANET to what we have today? At what stage did this become a market dominated field ( telephone to an extent was the stage, but were there any other factors)? I believe the video had a very nice graphical summary of the birth of the internet, and many more facts and details are for us to find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment