Monday, February 13, 2012
Chatroulette
It has been a few years since I last ventured on Chatroulette and a lot has changed on the site. The first thing I noticed was the layout, it still had the two video screens on the left side of the page but there were a plethora of new features. Some of these new add-ons were a chat log history, drawing pad, location of users, the ability to create your own Chatroulette account, etc. While the idea behind the website is clever and genius, who isn't intrigued by the idea of clicking one button and being able to talk to another person randomly selected from anywhere in the world, not everyone uses Chatroulette the way it was designed. After a few 'next' clicks I quickly remembered why I stopped visiting the site when a man choking a chicken flashed on screen then disappeared when I 'nexted' the pervert. Spending a lot more time on the site I discovered that the amount of perverts on the site has drastically declined as Chatroulette is returning to its roots as a world-wide communications tool. I feel as if the site is more global than people believe because I was connected more with users located in different countries than persons living in the United States. While the site serves not much of a purpose beyond providing entertainment, it is a clear example of how the internet connects the whole world together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment