Sunday, March 4, 2012

Practicum Update- Post 2

As I have continued playing Second Life I am starting to become more familiar with the game itself and how it works. It has taken a little bit of time to figure out all of the places you can go and the activities you can do. I have became "friends" with two people. Basically once you become friends you are able to see when they are online and it makes it easier to communicate with the person. There is a location called "New Citizens Incorporated" which helps you get a grasp of the game and there are people there that will answer any questions you may have. That has been a big help in my progress so far. In terms of activities you can do, there are jet skis, boats, kayaks and many more. I personally find these to be pretty pointless since the game tends to lag and that gets annoying at times. I know that the more I play this game the more I will start to understand it and the easier it will be to play it. Also meeting more people will help so that is where my focus lies as of right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Eric, so I'm just wondering if you know the actual purpose of Second Life yet. Does it really have a purpose or is it just a place to go to get away from reality? Do you actually like to play the game or is it just because you have to for this class?

    (P.S. my practicum project is not something I'd do outside of this class)

    ReplyDelete