Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hulu and Youtube

In comparing Hulu and Youtube I first went to Hulu and watched and episode of Saturday Night Live. I usually only go to Hulu to watch SNL clips because there are a lot of advertisements that get annoying but you cant watch full episodes of SNL on Youtube. The quality of video on Hulu is very good in my opinion but before I was able to watch the episode I had to watch two 30 second advertisements. It asked if I found the advertisements relevant to me and I clicked "No" in hopes they would go away but that did happen. Throughout the episode I had to watch 5 other advertisements in between clips.

On Youtube, which is a site I visit a lot, I watched a clip of bloopers from season 1 of The Office. I am more familar with Youtube than Hulu and prefer Youtube because there are less ads. I also believe that the video quality is pretty similar between the two. On Youtube I didn't have to watch any ads although I know you have to for some clips. I would say I like the layout of Youtube better than Hulu but that is probably due to the fact im more familiar with Youtube.  I guess one advantage Hulu has is that you can watch a lot of television shows where as Youtube is more geared for Music and videos uploaded by individuals.  So in that sense it depends on what you are interested in watching, whether it is a television show or a music video and from there you will choose either Hulu or Youtube. I personally utilize both but I prefer Youtube due less advertising

No comments:

Post a Comment