I commented on the article “Gingrich
Tells Romney He Will Quit Race” in the New York Times. I found this article in the Politics section
of the website and although it was not the homepage of the website, it was the
major headline in this section and also had a picture so I figured it would be
a good article to comment on. One thing
I noticed about the article was that there were much fewer comments on it, only
36 comments had been made, although the article was published fairly recently,
it is nowhere near as many comments on the Fox news site. I noticed that most of the comments were
longer and attempted to discuss frustrations with the article. Although many of them were angry comments,
fewer comments involved name calling and they also had a bit more length to
them than the ones on Fox news. I
commented with a question because I felt this would be the best way to receive
a reply. I wrote “What new policies will Romney
have to adopt to gain support of Gingrich's supporters, or do you think
conservative ideal are enough to gain the support of his supporters? Why do you think Gingrich's debt was discussed
in this article, or do you feel this is relevant to the topic at hand?” My comment was not posted right away and when
I wrote my comment it asked for my full name and location before it would post
my comment. So far none of the comments
had any replies, but people can like comments and also it takes a while for the
paper to post my comment.
My
Comment was finally posted along with another 40 or so. I think the method of not instantly posing
comments is an attempt to avoid outright fighting in the comment section
because comments cannot be written and posted simultaneously. Unfortunately, this also slows the discussion
and my comment is far enough down on the board that people will probably not be
responding to my questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment