Monday, April 16, 2012
Practicum update-3
It has been a little while since my last practicum post. I have definitely gotten the hang of Second life since my first time playing. Everything is making more and more sense and the gameplay is something I have gotten used to. At first, I became frustrated with the lagging that occurs at times but now it has something that I have come to expect and really dont even notice it. I have gained a complete understanding of all the features. For instance you can go beyond just instant messaging when communicating with others, you have the option to have a direct voice chat. This is something I have not yet used because although I have meet people on Second Life, I dont think we are at the point where I want to have a voice chat. The people I have met on Second Life are nice but our "friendship" hasn't gone very far in terms of really getting to know one another. Sometimes it is hard to meet up with your friends on Second Life because everyone has a normal life they have to live so it meeting up can be hard based on schedules. One feature that is nice is that you can see when your other friends are online and you will receive an email if they try to contact you when you are not on Second Life. In my future posts I will go into more detail about certain activities and groups and will check back in within the next week hopefully!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment