Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Final Practicum: Remix Production

As my final practicum post I had to update a wikipedia entry, but I could not think of the right wikipedia page. The term "Remix" was just too broad, so I chose one of the sub-categories that were in the wikipedia page for "Remix". There was a sub-category titled "Remix in Media and Consumer Products", so I decided to add summary of my practicum post on remix and comedy. Honestly I really didn't know what to write about, and the idea of adding something to one of the worldwide content website scared me a bit.
I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one in this class that has never updated a wikipedia entry. Although I have used wikipedia for many purposes, I have never thought about actually adding something from my knowledge in the page. I didn't really know what to write about remix production, so I just decided to add some examples of the media that use remix strategies. The wikipedia page for the topic was already very thorough and detail,ed so my entry was very short and simple.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remix#Remix_in_media_and_consumer_products

No comments:

Post a Comment