Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Practicum 5 - Gameplay Cont.

Currently in DC Universe Online, I am level 14 and my character is nearly unrecognizable due to the vast amount of utilities I have added to my characters physical appearance.


With the addition of each of these new utilities, my character can improve in attack efficiency, attack strength, defensive strength, health, speed, and other character skills. Also, characters can learn different attacks and use different weapons based on the utilities on hand. For example, I originally started of the game with fist projectiles as my weapons, but have since added the battle axe to my weapons in my utility. With the battle axe, I was able to learn an entire new series of attacks while still being able to return to the attacks I learned with fist projectiles. The way at which I attain these new utilities is through leveling up, mission completion, or by stealing it from other users while battling individually, in groups, or in leagues. Personally I have gained the most experience and utilities while participating in group battles, but in this post I am going to specifically discuss missions and how rewards work in PvE. Just a reminder from my earlier posts that PvE stands for Player vs. Environment, where the user is only completing computer generated missions and battling computer generated characters.

A few of the missions I have gone on so far in DC Universe Online were; Save Robin from Joker, Help Superman Destroy Brainiac's Gorillas, Defeat Flash in a Race, and Help Wonder Woman Destory Brainiac's Computers. It should be pretty clear that most of the early missions in this game are with some of the more popular characters in DC Comics, and if one is able to complete the missions in a certain alloted time or with a certain number of kills, the character gains the mentorship of the superhero. For example, after I saved Robin from Joker in under 10 minutes, I received Robin as a mentor and gained Loyalty as my personality.

All of the missions I have gone on so far are relatively simple and I have not had to much difficulty completing them. I have read on chats that the missions do get much more difficult when you pass level 30, but I have a long way to go until then.

Lastly, one of my favorite aspects of these missions is that even though they are assigned to you alone and your results are yours alone, there are sometimes other users who are completing the same mission as you at the same time. For example, in Help Superman Destory Brainiac's Gorillas and Help Wonder Woman Destroy Brainiac's Computers, there was an unlimited number of gorillas and computers to destroy, so an unlimited number of users can be completing this missions at the same time as only 15 gorrilas and 10 computers are needed to be destroyed before the mission is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment