Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Souncloud as a tool for the non-artist
Everything I've posted thus far about the media sharing site Soundcloud has been oriented towards an audience engaged directly in music production. However, Soundcloud can be a great tool for anyone who just wants to discover new music. As I browsed many of the accounts of other users, I noticed that a large portion of the community hasn't uploaded any music of their own, yet taken full advantage of the "favorites" function that allows people to add tracks to a list of favorites. Passively engaging in what Souncloud has to offer is not a bad thing at all. Many of these non-artist users still engage in the community aspect of the site by posting comments on people's music and contributing to artists' "hype" by following them much like people gain popularity through followers on twitter. This "following" function has made soundcloud basically the twitter of music. Instead of logging on and scrolling through your friends', family, and celebrities' tweets, you can browse through all of the brand new music that your favorite users have posted that day.
Labels:
practicum 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like how you call this the Twitter of music, and though I've never used it, it is that comparison that would make me want to. Recommendations from people whose musical taste I trust is the way that I discover most of my favorite music, so following users I like seems like a fantastic way to find new music.
ReplyDelete