After that video and the lecture last week, my interest in the early formation of the internet we have today is equal to my astonishment that I'm learning this for the first time right now. Like I said in my introductory post, I think it's crazy that I know so little about what I use so much, and the history of it seems to be interesting not only because it was born in the cold war where guns and soldiers were replaced with satellites, networks, and faster more powerful computers, but because these circumstances gave rise to the most essential medium of communication and the tool by which we exchange information with one another and learn about the world.
Another thing that was implicitly explained in the video was the extremely short amount of time the first sets of rudimentary networks became a global web of networks. Relative to the other "game changing" technological developments of human history, I think it's astonishing to realize how much the internet has changed and grown within just one lifetime. At the rate internet technology has developed in just a few years, I'm excited to see how many more areas of out life will be integrated with online technology.
No comments:
Post a Comment