
The Huffington Post website is very similarly to the New York Times. Once I signed up for the site, I am able to contribute and comment on its articles. I go to the politics section as that is what I’m focusing on. I chose the Huffington Post as it is a liberal publication, and will give me a better perspective of political actors from the left.
Much like the New York Times, the Huffington Post is focusing on the primaries in the political section of their website. The web page starts with a large picture from the leading headline from that particular section, which happens to be about Newt Gingrich’s political campaign, and is then followed by the other headline from that section. There are many more links to other social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter, which shows how there is more producer and consumer cooperation. It seems less “paper-esque” and more compliant with the web 2.0 idea. I know I have personally seen Huffington Post stories shared on Facebook. It is an effective means of sharing their content. One of the other more prominent differences is the contributors to the stories on the page. There are many amateur bloggers and writers that add content to the Huffington Post, making it a much more user driven site. Stories are also sorted by popularity so users can view the most popular stories at ease.
No comments:
Post a Comment