Firstly, NEW ALBUM FOR FREE AT www.thevirgovertigo.com.....AND "LIKE US" ON FACEBOOK.... :-)
Now that the plug is out of the way..., after a marathon of trying to finish my album AND the website during spring break, I have done so and I have just officially launched www.thevirgovertigo.com again! I had intended to share a little about the creative process, but I was VERY busy and didn't have time to posts. Six of the 15 songs are not even 2 weeks old and they're going to press and are released online like an hour ago. The website was finished, but needed adjustments (still does).
The biggest take-aways as of this point in regards to this practicum project are:
1) Personal websites are VERY time consuming to build (even with BandZoogle).
2) This is multiplied these days because social networking sites MUST be integrated with your own personal site. I hope the irony is not lost that I said, "Like Us on Facebook" at the start.
As you will see, this personal website is linked with Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, and ReverbNation. The album will also be on iTunes in 3-4 weeks and some other download spots. I had originally planned to reject some websites, but it seems like EVERYTHING is tangled together. I supposed this is the intended purpose of Web 2.0.
The fun part of my project begins now and that is getting people to the website and downloading the music

No comments:
Post a Comment