So Yelp has a mobile app. Whodathunkit? Anyway, I downloaded it for Android, and it's actually pretty helpful. The app has six sections:
Nearby: This is basically a feature that lets you browse nearby businesses.
About Me: This shows you your profile, reviews, etc.
Bookmarks: You can bookmark your favorite restaurants on Yelp for easy access.
Deals: Shows nearby businesses offering Yelp discounts.
Check-ins: You can check in to places on Yelp, much as with Foursquare. I'll detail this more in another post.
Monocle: This is the most interesting feature of the app. Using the feature activates the camera on your phone, and when you point it in certain directions, icons come up on the screen, superimposed upon the photo environment, showing which businesses are in that direction. It doesn't always work perfectly, but it's a pretty interesting tool. I was able to find a place nearby me that I didn't know existed, and had lunch there. Pretty neat. It makes me seem like I'm in the future.
Anyways, the Yelp mobile app is definitely useful, especially for times when you're out on the town and looking for a bite to eat, but don't have access to a computer to find places.
No comments:
Post a Comment