Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Practicum 7

For my final blog post is venture to Wikipedia and search for the online network gaming page. Unfortunately there is no such page, so my next idea was to try and find the page for FIFA 12. After reading through the page I found that there was no mention of FIFA 12 Online mode, so I decided to write up a short summary basically describing what the online function does.
I mentioned how users connect with each other, and that they need a Xbox Live account to connect. I also touched on the fact that there are different game modes available on FIFA 12, including some multiplayer ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_12

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty surprised that nobody wrote about the online mode for FIFA 12 in Wikipedia.org. I think those features within the online mode is what makes the game great. I remember the days when FIFA was played between friends in the same room. Now with the online feature you can beat (and shit talk if you want) people across the globe. So kudos on adding that in there. Your discovery just goes to show that Wikipedia does not know everything.

    With that being said I think there's something about playing someone in the same room that cant be duplicaated. I feel as if the competition gets amped up a notch when your opponent is sharing the couch seat next to you. Winning in this scenario is a great feeling, as you get to see the havoc you just wrecked on their team translated into their facial expression. However, losing? Well that's a whole different ball game. I would rather lose ten times over online than lose to any of my roommates just once. When you lose online, you can just shut off the console and leave. When you lose to your roommate you don't feel like you lost just once, you feel like you've lost a thousands times, due simply to the fact that they now embody the physical manifestation of your terrible passing, shooting, defense, or any other skill that was responsible for the loss

    ReplyDelete