Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Practicum Post: We Found Love (In Chipotle)


I've had an ongoing joke for awhile now with my friends about my infatuation for chipotle. That plus listening to house music in unhealthy amounts gets you a We Found Love In Chipotle music video. I've spent a lot a time conceptually thinking of how to write and shot it, even though the idea seems so basic. It's amazing how much you can create your own by remixing others works. Out of all the videos I've seen remix I think its safe to say me and my friends were the first to do it. Being able to shoot was the biggest struggle in the making of the video. After getting kicked out of chipotle 3 out of our first 4 times we soon realized we had to have our filming schedule tailored around whenever the manager wasn't there. The shooting was the easiest though it was the editing and putting the video together that really made it hard. I've worked the entire semester with programs like final cut and even though it has substantially gotten easier, it's still a strenuous long process each time. It was hard for me to match up the lip-syncing with the lyrics while maintaining the concept of the video. The concept of the video was simple enough; that he really did fall in love at chipotle. And not with a person... well you gotta watch to find out.

I told you guys about this during my presentation. I had in my powerpoint the teaser for the music but now I am glad to say its finally finished. If you guys have sometime to check it out follow the link after the jump. Make this go viral!

It's on my website and I also linked it to my youtube account.
http://benroif.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment